Frequently Asked Questions
When is the PlayGarden open? When can I come play?
The Seattle Children’s PlayGarden is a public park and is open from dusk to dawn for you to come and explore.
When and what is Open Play?
Open Play is an opportunity to drop by and PLAY in our beautiful, inclusive park. During Open Play, PlayGarden Staff greet your family, answer your questions, help facilitate inclusive play between kids, help you visit with the animals and can work on a construction, art or garden project with your kids.
NO prior registration.
Just drop in and PLAY
Do you rent your space out for birthday parties?
Is the PlayGarden the right place for my child's birthday party, family picnic, school event, etc.?
Consider the mission and purpose of the PlayGarden before planning your event. The PlayGarden's mission is to provide a safe, accessible and welcoming place for children with disabilities. Large gatherings can be a serious barrier to children with disabilities. If your child does not require special accommodations please consider having your event at another location.
The outdoor tables at the PlayGarden can be used on a first-come-first-serve basis. We do not reserve space for private parties or rent out the indoor space. You may not come early and stake out space as that limits the use by the general public.
If you do choose the PlayGarden for your event please follow these guidelines:
* If your event will have 30 or more people you must get a permit from Seattle Parks and Recreation.
* Be mindful that the PlayGarden pays for 100% of the maintenance of the site.
* Please be respectful of the gardens, the furnishings, the toys, and the environment.
* Limit picking of fruits, vegetables, and flowers.
* Clean up after yourselves. Pack out all trash, recycle and compostables
* Do not allow chasing of the animals.
* Do not feed the animals or give them your scraps and leftovers.
* The public restroom is available to you. It is often vandalized and may not have a working door.
* You are free to use the benches, tables, etc. but please put them back where you found them when you are finished.
* Be kind to and respectful of other visitors, especially those with disabilities.
Can our school or organization have a field trip to the PlayGarden?
The PlayGarden's mission is to provide children of all abilities a safe, accessible and adventurous place to play. If your organization or school follows this mission we would love to talk to you about the possibility of having your group come visit.
When do you open up summer camp registration?
Camp registration opens up in the middle to late February every year. Check our website for more information.
Do you have any preschool spots open?
We may! Enrollment changes happen throughout the year. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I want to volunteer at the PlayGarden.
Check our online calendar and events page on our website to see if we have any volunteer opportunities coming up.
I want to know of any events coming up at the PlayGarden.
Be sure and sign up for our newsletter on our website to stay up on all that’s happening here at the PlayGarden. Childrensplaygarden.org
I have a different question….
We would love to talk to you. Please contact us at (206) 325-5576 or email@example.com.